Monday 22 December 2014

My Top 3 Winter Lipsticks




No matter how you are feeling, putting on a bit of lippy will instantly make you feel better and today's post focuses on my favourite winter lip colours. I love lipsticks - I much prefer them to lipglosses to be honest -  but although I love make-up, I don't actually own that many lipsticks, probably only around 10 (that may be a lot to some people though!).

For winter, like many girls, I prefer to wear a dark lip and Rimmel Kate 107 is the perfect one! If you haven't already heard of this lipstick on a blog or a beauty YouTube channel then where have you been?! I first saw this lipstick on Zoella's channel and blog where she was talking about her monthly favourites (maybe around a year or so ago) and I instantly feel in love with it. Its a beautiful deep berry toned purple. Its long-wearing and very pigmented and is a perfect colour for the colder months.

Next is a a lippy for Topshop. This was the first ever purchase I made for Topshop's beauty collection (I know?) and I can say, although this is the only lipstick I have from Topshop, I know that I would love all of their lipsticks (Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of their nail polishes though) so I trip to Topshop in the January sales in definitely happening! This a lovely red shade and is very pigmented. With Christmas in just 3 days!!, I will probably be wearing this a lot over the next week or so!

Lasting is a new favourite that I purchasing just this week. Its Maybelline Color Sensational in Hollywood Red. I went into Superdrug for a new face wash and ended up walking out with some false eyelashes, a mascara, this lipstick and yep, you guessed it - no face wash! Hollywood Red is a actually not very red toned despite being called 'Hollywood Red'. I would say its a very light berry toned pink and I absolutely adore the colour when its applied. Its very moisturizing and is long-wearing.

What are your favourite lipsticks for the winter season?

Lauren x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That Rimmel Kate lipstick is gorgeous, looks like the perfect red lip!
    Will need to check it out as I'm yet to have any of these in my collection yet!!

    Lizzie // xBeautyMagic // Beauty Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rio Rio is my favourite red lipstick ever! Topshop lipsticks are easily my favourite brand of lipstick

    www.hcozens.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© hellomisslauren. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig